Hello!
My name is Nida Khan. I am from Pakistan. I am 17 year old. I lived in Pakistan Capital City name Islamabad. In Pakistan I lived with my Mother and with my Grandmother. I had a big family in my Country. My house was very beautiful in Pakistan. My grandmother have her own house. I and my mother we both lived with my grandmother in her house. Our house was very big and beautiful. There was beautiful garden. In afternoon I always used to sit in garden. I used to smell the flowers especially my favorite flower. My favorite flower is Jasmen because it smell good. In Pakistan people make different type of things out of flower for example like they make beautiful bracelets and hair bands. The bands use for marriages. Bridal girls wear that and also that smell very beautiful. In our garden we also had fruits.
I used to go to school in my country. The school was only for girls there were no boys in the school. The teachers were very strict. When we don’t finish our homework The teachers gave us punishment.They took a thick stick and hit us. My Father lived here in America. when I was 14 year old in 2011. He came to Pakistan and he talked to my mom and decided that me and mom will go to America and lived there with my father. My father want good education for me. My father is very strict about my study or education. When I came to home from school my mother told me that we will go to America soon. when I heard I was so excited and happy because, we’ll live with my father and also I was upset because, my friends and my grandmother will stay here. I’ll miss all of my family, grandmother and friends. My grandmother said to me don’t forget us always remember your Country where you born. She said don’t forget culture and in life never be sad. Always behave with everyone. She make me feel so good because, she used to gave me advised about the life. She told me that help other people especially old people. She looks old and pretty and normal. She is shopkeeper. She have own shop. She take care of her shop.
I heard a lot of about things about America. America is a big Country. The teachers are very nice. They don’t hit childrens.Thats the most part I like about America that the teacher doesnt hit their students when my dad told me. In Pakistan my father told me a lot about America. He told me that United States is a big Country there are big buildings. There are places are very beautiful. I was very excited. I was thinking when I will go there and when I will see the big buildings. Finally the day was coming. when it was last day of school for me my friends was cried and they told me don’t forget us. And in pakistan it was last day I was cried a lot. I hug my grandmother and my bestfriend. My grandmother also told me don’t forget us and your Country where you born always remember this and live happy. When I sit in Airplane I was scared. When the Airplane fly I was scared so badly. My mother looked at me and she told me don’t be scared. I just smiled at my mom.
When I was 17 years old I came here. I saw a big buildings they were beautiful which I see never it was first in my life. I see different peoples from different Countries in New York. My father works very hard for my good education. And also he want me to success in my life. When I came here my father said me works hard and become someone who can help other peoples. My father and my mother are worried about my future. They want to me be a doctor. They love me so much.
First day in my school here I felt very shy and an outsider. I met with my teachers. They are very nice persons. They talked to me very nicely. Then I met with my friend. She is a good person. She helped me with everything in school work. First came school I didn’t speak English that was very hard for me. I didn’t understand anything. I didn’t understand my homework. I didn’t understand what teacher were saying to me. That was really hard for me. I very cried at home and I told to my mother. I didn’t understand anything. My teacher helped me my friend my parents helped me they all support me, Then slowly I understand and I speak little bit of English but I was scared and feel shy when I speak English. My parents told me don’t be scared speak English that’s how you learn. My mother told me only focus on your study don’t cry. My friend her name is Aliyah. She is very nice girl. She is my first friend in New York. She is still my friend. She help me a lot. She also from pakistan.
One day I was sitting alone on bed. My father came to me and sit next to me. He asked me about my studies. My studies are going great now I can understand a lots of thing . Then all the sudden he told me works hard and don’t forget your culture and yours Country where you born or come from. My father and mother they both helped me in my homework. My parents are very strict about my studies. They worried about me and my studies. I like that because, some parents don’t care about their child studies and their future and they start doing bad things like smoking etc. But my parents are good and they love me they trust me. I want to be a good daughter. This my embenation to complete the dream of my parents. I am very happy here now because, I have my father my mother here living with me. I am with my parents. I am spending some time with my father he also gave me his time. Also I am happy my teachers and my friends are very nice they help me with everything. If you are reading this my message to those people who are immigrant to United States and dont know any English they shouldn’t be discouraged. They will having a lot of problems because, of the language problem but they shouldn’t be disappointed. you will learn like I did.
I think u need to tell more about your family and u tell about what your dream in america.
ReplyDeleteI like how you gave details about your grandmother's beautiful garden. I think you should connect the first and second paragraphs with a transition word or phrase, however, to show how your house is connected to your school.
ReplyDelete