In this project, we have created our personal memoirs in both English and our native languages. To share our work, we have uploaded a written and oral version so that many people can enjoy our work!

The work presented is still in draft form, and we will continue to improve the quality of our work through the feedback and questions provided by readers/listeners! Please comment with compliments, suggestions and questions for us.

[All names have been changed to protect student privacy and all comments will be moderated by school staff.]


Visam (Uzbekistan, Age 16): English 373

Hello my name is Wisam. I am 16 years old. I’m from Uzbekistan,Tashkent city. If you don’t know where is Uzbekistan I will tell you. Uzbekistan is in the Central Asia. I can say it is beautiful country. If you there in summer it is very good and beautiful. Maybe it will be expensive. I live in Tashkent. Tashkent is capital of Uzbekistan. There is visiters who go to Tashkent they will visit Amir Temur Museum and Tashkent Tower. In Amir Temur Museum you can see lot of interesting things.You can know about Uzbek history and culture. You can see how people make money in past and how people lived. If you go to Tashkent Tower you will go up. Then you can see the Tashkent city how it is big. I think in night time is very beautiful.
One day my father was talking with his friend on skype. His friend lives in USA. He called us and told us to com USA. He said your childs can learn English fast and you  can work. My dad said it is good chance. He said we will go to USA. Everybody was happy in my family. I said to myself now my dreams will become true.   
I didn’t knew that I will come to USA. But my dream was big. I was wishing to be a pilot and learn English fast. Maybe I am gonna be pilot. My dad he bought tickets for airplane. 05/26/13 night time, we were going to airport. I was crying because I was leaving my grandmother in my country. We are in airport. We go to inside the plane. Everybody set on their place. I was looking from the window to outside and say bye to my country.
I am in New York. We go to my family friend’s house. There was a park for kids. It was awesome. I go to play basketball and soccer every day. But I didn’t start to speak English. After one month we moved to our own apartment. My mom and my dad start to work. My life was not bad. I met with others from Uzbekistan.  We go to park together and play soccer. So my summer was very good. I had fun. So september is coming. I have to go to school. Then my friend told me that  there is one good school and he goes there.
  One day my friend took to his school.  We talked with Mr.Carlos and Mr.Carlos said that I can come from september. I was so happy because it is my first time to go school in United States. I knew that I will meet with new friends and teachers.
Right now I speak little bit English. I have a lot new friends. But I miss my country. I miss my grandma and  my country foods.  I miss them lot. My country foods is very delicious. If you eat that food you will never forget the smell and taste.

2 comments:

  1. I think that you should talk about your school at Uzbekistan and what was it like in the school.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i like how you talking bout your country, and u can add more detail about school in America

    ReplyDelete

Please leave feedback or questions you may have!